Lesley Brovner and Mark Peters Co-Author Lexis Practice Note Article on Employers Reporting Criminal Activities of Their Employees to Law Enforcement
In this Lexis practice note, Lesley Brovner and Mark Peters provide practical guidance regarding employers’ reporting criminal activities of their employees to law enforcement. The article delves into the following topics:
- Federal reporting requirements
- State general criminal reporting requirements
- Potential liability for failure to report and “willful blindness”
- Minimizing risk and liability through internal compliance programs and reporting
- Decreasing risk of claims brought by employees after employers report their alleged crimes
Mark and Lesley have decades of experience in law enforcement, serving at the highest levels of government. Peters Brovner LLP is a boutique law firm focusing on internal investigations, white collar/regulatory defense and litigation.